Welcome. Check back here at a later time to for more. When more outlines are added, they will be moved to their own page.
Here is a simple outline about Baptism.
1) What it is.
2) What is is not.
3) What is does.
4) What it don’t do.
"Baptism Made Easy"
CONFUSION AT THE BAPTISTERY
1) Baptism is for sure a confusing matter for many people:
a) People are in ignorance (not knowing).
b) People are taught wrong (believing wrong).
2) Many ‘churches’ have many ways to ‘baptize’:
a) Some sprinkle.
b) Some pour.
c) Some immerse.
3) Many ‘churches’ will baptize whatever:
a) Some do adults.
b) Some do infants.
4) Some ‘churches’ teach baptism is a requirement for salvation
1) Baptism is not:
2) Baptism is immersion:
a) Baptize = baptizo = make fully wet.
b) From bapto = cover wholly with fluid.
3) There are no examples in the Bible of baptizing by sprinkling or pouring.
4) Baptism by immersion is the ‘picture’ of:
a) Christ’s death.
b) Christ’s resurrection.
5) John the Baptist baptized in the water.
6) Jordan is a river.
7) John the Baptist baptized in the Jordan.
8) John baptized in AEnon because there was ‘much water’.
9) The Bible says Jesus came up out of the water. That means that Jesus had to be in the water.
10) The Bible also shows an example that the person doing the baptism should go into the water. The one baptizing can then properly do the baptizing, by immersion.
1) You must first receive Jesus Christ as your Saviour.
2) You must first receive Jesus Christ as your Saviour, or you only get wet.
3) There are no examples in the Bible of baptizing infants.
BAPTISM DOES NOT
1) Baptism does not save.
2) Baptism is not a requirement of salvation.
1) Baptism is a symbol of the Gospel.
First Corinthians 15:1-4
2) Baptism is something done as a symbol of the Gospel:
a) Christ died for our sin.
b) Christ was buried.
c) Christ arose on the third day; victorious over sin.
Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.